The PinPointe FootLaser
The first clinically proven laser device for the temporary increase of clear nail in patients with onychomycosis, or nail fungus.
Stop suffering the pain and embarrassment of unsightly nail fungus. PinPointe FootLaser is the easy and convenient treatment that helps turn your discolored and disfigured nails into clearer, healthier looking nails.
This in-office treatment is virtually pain free, has no harmful side effects, and typically takes only about 30-minutes to complete. This is an alternative to harsh medication for nail fungun
The impact of unsightly nail fungus
Nail fungus is a chronic condition that impacts your quality of life and can even lead to serious health problems for patients with diabetes or immune disorders.
The treatment of nail infection is difficult because the infection is under and inside of the nail, which makes it hard for other treatments to reach and destroy the infection. Treatments such as medicated nail polish or oral medications may be associated with side effects or serious drug interactions. Home remedies such as using bleach, vinegar, mouthwash, or household cleaners to resolve the problem are often tried but, ultimately, fail to resolve it.
Understanding nail fungus and nail fungus treatments
PinPointe provides the following information to help you understand the causes of nail infection, or fungus, what nail fungus looks like, and the benefits, disadvantages, and risks of available treatments. This information does not take the place of talking with your healthcare provider about your medical condition or your treatment.
What are the causes of nail fungus, or Onychomycosis?
Fungi, including yeasts and molds, are typically the causes of nail infections, and most are caused by a group of fungi called dermatophytes. The most common fungi that cause nail infection disease in animals and humans are Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, and Candida albicans. These fungi can live in the layer of dead skin around your nails, in the space under your nail, and in the nail itself
What are the signs and symptoms of nail fungus
Nail infection can cause permanent deformity of the nail, which can interfere with your being able to wear shoes, walking, sports, and other activities. Infected nails often show one or more of the following signs:
- Yellow streaks in the skin under the nail, or nail bed, and on the underside of the nail
- Buildup of bits and pieces of skin and nail fragments under the nail
- Discolored and thickened nail that may separate from the skin under the nail
- Brittle, broken, and thickened nails
- White spots or streaks on the nail surface
- Soft and powdery nail surface, which appear as the infection worsens
- Damaged, crumbly, and brown or gray nail surface, with no separation of the nail from the underlying skin. Individual results may vary, consult your doctor to make sure you are a good candidate for this treatment.
Note: None of the above is intended as medical advice.